Why does it matter
Mobility needs to drive value for business and assignees. Mobility professionals must think like investors and manage people with the same rigor as other tangible assets. They need to ensure investments in talent portfolio generate desired return.
Smart Mobility Investment Choices Include:
- Increased focus on value, not cost
- Manage overall talent portfolio, not individual assignments
- Use data and analytics to drive decisions
- Establish objective measures to track ROI
The decision for an international assignment should be justified by a business case to fulfill a business needs for one of below scenarios:
- A specific position that cannot be filled by a local employee
- Clear business need
- A management development reason
Business Case should be able to answer the following questions and documented in writing when deciding on an international assignment:
- What is to be achieved with this international assignment
- What are the costs of this international assignment?
- What is the expected benefit for the organization and the individual of this international assignment