Ongoing, custom-tailored outsourcing support for your expatriate compensation program, whenever you need it
Is your HR staff overburdened or inexperienced in international compensation? Mercer can help. Our customizable outsourcing extends the value of our international compensation data through expert handling of tasks related to expatriate assignment management and compensation. A few of the advantages include:
- Eases administrative burden so you can deal with more pressing HR issues
- Provides access to a dedicated Mercer consultant for ongoing assistance and advice
- Prevents costly mistakes by staff unfamiliar with the use of international compensation information
- Improves communication with expatriates through easy-to-understand worksheets
As a first step, Mercer can help you determine which type of assignment is best suited for your needs, and then match appropriate policies and pay programs. The next step is to choose from the range of Mercer's international compensation data and expatriate consulting services a program that works for you. The possibilities are endlessly customizable. Some of the services to consider include:
- Balance Sheets: Worksheets showing an individual expatriate compensation package in terms of base salary, family size, differentials, premiums and allowances, and taxes
- Short-term Assignment Per Diems: Daily costs for assignments typically three to 12 months in length; costs are provided as an index comparing home and assignment location price differences or as a customized per diem amount based on client specifications
- Net-to-Net Comparisons: Analysis of income taxes, social security contributions, the costs of goods and services, and housing between home and assignment locations to estimate gross salary
- Custom Housing Data: Housing data in specialized formats or for nonstandard locations
- Custom Relocation Allowance: An amount based on the actual cost of a defined market basket of goods that are typically purchased during relocation
Additional administrative assistance may be requested, such as preparing and updating compensation schedules and communication materials such as employee-specific assignment letters, developing and/or interpreting expatriate policy, and coordinating expatriate data and documentation.
Contact us to get started.