Founded in 1945, Mercer was acquired by Marsh & McLennan Companies in 1959, the roots of which date back to 1937. Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. MMC is headquartered in New York City, and is a Corporation organized under the laws of the State of Delaware
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset — their people.
Mercer's more than 20,000 employees are based in 43 countries, and the firm operates in over 140 countries.
Mercer has experienced consulting staff located at each of our main offices throughout the world. Our local presence gives us true understanding of our clients’ issues and the ability to serve them during their working hours. We serve over 27,000 clients worldwide, and 10,000 in the US.
Mercer works with clients across industries and geographies, from the world's largest global companies to regional organizations more modest in size. We work as a business partner with our clients to address a broad array of human capital issues, bringing together capabilities from our four lines of business: Talent, Health, Retirement and Investments. The diversity of our client base and the variety of solutions we provide strengthen our ability to meet the needs of a wide range of clients.
Mercer’s Talent business segment helps clients drive performance through talent management. Through our integrated consulting, information, and technology solutions, we help clients:
- Forecast talent needs: Ensure that the right people are in the right jobs, at the right location, at the right price, at the right time.
- Engage employees: Inspire and align people, ensuring that change is embraced and strategic business drivers are understood.
- Mobilize workforce: Fulfill strategic business requirements by proactively managing the relocation, up skilling, and retooling of key talent.
- Reward performance: Design and implement executive and workforce rewards programs to secure key talent, enhance business performance, and adhere to external security.
- Assess talent: Evaluate the performance readiness, potential, and job fit of key talent and the flow of talent into, through, and out of an organization.
- Develop skills: Enhance leader and manager capability to motivate employees, influence career decisions, champion talent management, and shape an organization's culture.
Through our Mobility solutions, we facilitate business growth and optimal talent investments for clients by:
- Moving key talent where it is needed internationally.
- Developing global leaders through carefully planned international assignments.
- Developing and implementing talent mobility strategies.
Mercer is a leader in international assignment related data we have over 2,500 clients worldwide.
Our data is compiled and analyzed through a rigorous and time-tested process that features:
Depth and quality of our economic research - we understand client needs are very individual and we are committed to providing tailored solutions regardless of the home and host location or the type of assignment involved, i.e., long-term, short-term, strategic or developmental.
- Pricing Agents - The people we use to survey price data in the host locations include expatriates themselves, not periodic travelers who fly in for a few days, collect prices, and leave. Our agents understand the local markets and practices and are available to answer location-specific questions on very short notice. For housing data we further engage destination services agents who are familiar with rental markets for expatriates.
- Global Reach - Mercer has experienced consulting staff located at each of our main offices throughout the world. Our local presence gives us true understanding of our clients’ issues and the ability to serve them during their working hours. We are also available to meet with our clients and/or conduct briefings with expatriates anywhere in the world at minimal cost.