Over 70% of companies with expat employees are very concerned with the current health crisis, according to Mercer's latest survey on business response to the COVID-19 outbreak. However, only a quarter of the 2017 WIAPP survey participants reported having a formal personal security policy/program for assignees and their families. Has this evolved?
Is the novel coronavirus impacting your daily business, processes and expat employees? How is your organization handling the global health emergency? And how do you compare to your peers with respect to risk management strategies, budget allocation, security and emergency policies, and other Mobility policy factors?
The survey is open to new participants. Completing it entitles you to discounted report pricing.
With the largest participant base in the market – more than 1000 multinational companies – the comprehensive Worldwide Survey of International Assignment Policies and Practices (WIAPP) addresses the most critical policy and practice elements of international assignments and answers prevalent questions in this dynamic field:
- How are mobile workforces changing?
- What are the trends in administering mobility programs?
- What policy segmentation have companies implemented? What are the policy differentiators?
- How important are certain incentives in the current economy?
- Are companies moving toward a free housing policy, and how does that approach affect other assignment benefits?
- How flexible are employer with some key relocation aspects such as Housing, education or home leave?
Start the survey
Special focus on long-term assignments
Along with reviewing general trends and demographics in Mobility programs, the 2020 WIAPP edition puts a special and in-depth focus on long-term assignments (LTA).
Responding to the latest tendency towards assignment diversification and policy segmentation, the survey explores a range of diverse long-term assignment types and provides companies with the opportunity to thoroughly review and benchmark a variety of their LTA policies and practices, by policy element, against the relevant peer group.
Data gathered and analyzed
General mobility program trends
- International assignment program management
- International assignment policy(ies)
Long-term assignments (LTA)
- LTA policies
- LTA trends and demographics
- LTA administration
Detailed compensation, benefits, and relocation support elements for your unique or differing long-term assignment policies
- Remuneration approach
- Taxes and social security policy
- Cost-of-living / Goods and services allowance
- Mobility and hardship premiums, danger pay
- Rest-and-recreation leave
- Security and emergency evacuation measures
- Airfare and home leave
- Spouse and family support policy
- Pre-assignment support
- Pre-assignment support
- Relocation assistance
- Household goods shipment and storage
- Miscellaneous relocation allowance
- Localization policy
2017 WIAPP results
Reports from the 2017 edition are still available: the Trends and Metrics report and, exclusively for survey participants, the Long-Term Assignment Policies and Practices Report. Purchase the Global Report containing full survey results for each region and an executive summary, or get one of the regional reports.
Order a Report