Reports from the 2017 edition are now available: the Trends and Metrics report and, an exclusive for survey participants, the Long-Term Assignment Policies and Practices Report. The 2015 survey reports are still available. Purchase the Global Report containing full survey results for each region and an executive summary, or get one of the regional reports: Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America. Select your location to order a report online:
Canada United States All Other Locations
With the largest participant base in the market – more than 1000 multinational companies – the comprehensive and global Worldwide Survey of International Assignment Policies and Practices (WIAPP) addresses the most critical policy and practice elements of international assignments and answers prevalent questions in this dynamic field:
- How are mobile workforces changing?
- What elements of your expatriate program administration should be managed in-house or outsourced? Is centralized or decentralized management of the international assignment program better for a company like yours?
- What policy segmentation have companies implemented?
- How important are mobility premiums in the current economy?
- Are companies moving toward a free housing policy, and how does that approach affect other assignment benefits?
2017 WIAPP – Trends & Metrics: Participation Still Open
The 2017 edition of the survey focuses on Trends & Metrics but includes all the sections on policies and practices for long-term assignments covered in the 2015 edition. Participants have the option of taking the entire survey or just the subset focusing on Trends & Metrics. The survey was conducted from April to July 2017, but it remains open to new participants, who may complete it at any time to be eligible to purchase reports at the discounted rates. New participants may also choose to complete the entire survey or just the Trends & Metrics section and earn the eligibility to purchase reports at discounted rates.
Start the Survey
Data Gathered and Analyzed
- Assignment drivers and barriers
- Policy management
- Program management, administration and staffing
Optional in the 2017 edition:
Policies and Practices for Long-term Assignments
- Remuneration approaches, pay delivery
- Tax and social security approach
- Cost-of-living/Goods & services allowances
- Mobility incentives
- Hardship & danger pay
- Security and emergency evacuation
- Rest & recreation leave
- Housing and utilities
- Travel policy and home leave
- Spouse and family support
- Pre-assignment support
- Relocation assistance