Help your assignees maintain their spending patterns, no matter where they go
Calculate cost of living allowances for your expatriate assignees using factual and objective price information. Available for 400+ host and 190+ home locations, our surveys are conducted by professional researchers and carefully chosen vendors reflect only those outlets where your expatriates can buy goods and services of international quality.
The nationality-specific approach to cost of living assumes expatriates spend differently depending on their home location, and aims to retain that spending pattern in the host location.
The nationality-specific approach to Cost of Living develops cost-of-living indices and differentials based on the unique spending patterns in a base, usually the home or headquarters country/market. By using different weights for each home country/market, it ensures that expatriates can retain their expenditure pattern while on assignment in the host location. This compares prices in the home country/market from a local-national perspective to prices in the host city from an expatriate perspective.
- Based on a basket of goods and services reflecting realistic spending habits established through years of extensive expatriate research.
- Accurate, current, frequently updated data.
- Distinct cost of living (COL) indices and price information for different types of expatriate shoppers.
- Estimate allowances immediately (COLA) using our Cost of Living Allowance Calculators.
- Additional calculators and tables allow you to use data for your specific needs.
- Special cities surveyed upon request.
- Methodology that lets you keep your assignees’ expenditure patterns intact, no matter where they go.
Cost of Living indices and allowance suggestions are available as a one-time table or as part of a subscription, with access to updates and online calculators. Subscribers also receive host housing costs, home country/market housing norms, home country/market spendable income tables, hypothetical taxes, and other information needed to calculate expatriate compensation.
Get data for non-standard locations with a custom survey.
Contact us to speak to a consultant.
Our cost of living data is only available for purchase by institutional clients and are not sold to individuals.