Changing demographics, security issues, government restrictions, talent shortages, and compliance are just some of the challenges that global businesses with rotator assignees face. Rotators are often based in remote locations and work extended workdays/weeks, typically unaccompanied, differentiating their situation from that of typical expatriates. For global mobility managers, managing rotator assignments presents a series of separate and often unique issues. Stay competitive in the face of these challenges with this uniquely specialized assignment survey. Choose your location below to order this report.
All Other Locations
Types of Rotators Included
Rotator assignees are employees who alternate period of work with period of non-work in a location of residence on a fixed or predefined schedule. The survey covers onshore and offshore rotators, whether contractors or salaried employees.
Key Findings from the 2018 Survey
- More than two-third of participants have a specific, formal policy for rotational assignments.
- Three-quarters of participants agree that their international policy must be reviewed to ensure competitive proposition for rotators in the upcoming years.
- Difficult working conditions were recognized as a challenge to talent attraction by close to two-thirds of respondents but only slightly more than one-third indicated that extreme working conditions and difficult schedules can be an obstacle to retaining talent.
- Overtime compensation varies according to whether employees are salaried or paid hourly and according to position level (professional or para-professional).
- In a majority of participants’ organizations, rotators are not entitled to vacation or paid time off.
- Program demographics
- Rotation schedule
- Compensation approach
- Allowances and benefits
- Vacation and home trips
The published report for this survey will include data submitted by the 18 November deadline, but the survey remains open to new participants. All participants with a validated submission are entitled to preferential pricing on the survey results, as well as access to related benchmarking resources.