A Closer Look at Prevalent Alternatives to Long-term International Assignments
The Alternative International Assignments Policies and Practices Survey (AIA) reports offer an in-depth look into policies and practices governing six alternative types of international assignments:
- Permanent / One-way Transfers
- Talent Development
- Global Nomad
These reports examine the latest trends in global mobility and build on Mercer's database of custom benchmarking solutions.
Noteworthy Findings in 2016
- Segmentation and policy combination increasing compared to our last survey edition: 18% of all respondents have formal policies for four or more of these alternative assignment types, 20% for three, 34% for two of them and 27% only for one.
- More than three quarters of the respondents have permanent / one-way moves.
- Average commuting duration is similar to 2013 but more companies now limit the duration of these assignments.
Find out more by ordering a survey today.
Browse Reports Browse Reports (US Visitors)
For each assignment type, the survey examines:
- Recent trends
- Policy and administration
- Compensation approach
- Living costs
- Housing and utilities policies
- Mobility incentives and Hardship
- Travel and home leave
- Other support