The International Business Travelers (IBT) Survey digs into policies and practices put in place to address the tracking, compensation, travel, support and insurance coverage of business travelers. With the increased awareness of risks related to tax and immigration compliance, cost, and security, all types of work-related activities performed cross-border and even cross-state within a country are under scrutiny and raise questions of governance and global coordination. Technology limitations and siloed responsible teams can also affect the efficiency of tracking processes.
The IBT complements our Alternative International Assignments (AIA) survey in a world where differentiation between mobility types may become tricky.
Noteworthy 2018 Findings
- A traveling employee travels nine times a year on average, and for 62% of the respondents, business trip frequency is between one and five times a year.
- Business trips are reported to last 6 days on average, with an average minimum of two and a maximum of 28 days.
- Business travelers are most likely to be between 35 and 55 years old and male rather than females who currently only represent a quarter of business travelers on average.
- US, China, Germany, United Kingdom, and France are the five top countries employers send employees on business trip to.
- Policy and administration
- Travel policy
- Safety, and security, duty of care
- Compensation and travel expenses
The survey report is available for purchase online. A 66% discount applies for participants. Contact client service with any questions.
Order Two or More and Save
If you purchase this report in addition to one or more reports from the Alternative International Assignments (AIA) reports, a 15% discount will be applied to your order. Please contact your mobility consultant or call your region's client service number.
Purchase Options – 2018 International Business Travelers Survey
Participant: USD 500 / EUR 420
Non-Participant: USD 1500 / EUR 1260
Find out more by ordering a report today. Select your location below to get started.
Canada United States All Other Countries